Saturday, April 12, 2014

Going quiet for a few weeks

I mean, this is a pretty quiet blog to begin with, but still.

I was chatting with a coworker this week about blogs and business. Afterwards I was kinda like, Y'know, I'm not really even sure what I'm doing with that blog of mine.

Originally this was intended to be a personal sort of Public Object, a daily writing log where I could track the progress of the former Manuscript. After I met my original goal (111 days, which is to say a semester, of steady work on a novel) I dropped off to occasionally posting updates and snippets. In July of last year I removed all of my original daily log posts, leaving the blog a bit barren. About a week later, I went on a seven-month hiatus due to various personal circumstances (including limited computer access from mid-October until after New Year's).

And, well, now I'm back. And I'd like to post things. But I haven't really got a goal or a gimmick here.

So I'm going to have a think (and maybe even a post or two) about blogging and where it belongs for me. The blog's almost definitely going to have a makeover, and while it won't be disappearing, it might take a backseat and once again become a place where I offer brief updates and the occasional snippet. In the meantime, you can find me:

- on on deviantART (I post only rarely, but I do quite a bit of reading and commenting on others' works) and
- on Tumblr (which I am also trying to figure out what I'm doing with, because it's so cool but also a horrible massive timesink)

2 comments:

  1. You ever planning on coming back to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi! I never...actually realized I never posted the link to my new blog on this old thing. I'm now at
      http://reneemelton.com
      ...and also living in Mongolia for two years, without the *most* reliable internet access in the world. So I'm taking a long-term hiatus from online communities and social media, excepting the blog.

      Delete